Hi folks,
I've read through https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/136279/greenhopper-rank-field-explanation and https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43423/user-sorting-in-a-greenhopper-agile-view etc and I realize that GH only supports ranking by the Rank field, which I guess is OK, and that one can't sort by any other field in the Boards. Fine.
We actually use a "Market Value" field to calculate priority; this field is actually a 'Calculated Number Field' (provided by JIRA Misc Customer fields which summarizes other fields such as Customer Impact, Market Pervasiveness, Buying Criteria, etc. I can use this field within a standard JIRA search and sort on it as desired.
I'm fine not using that field directly as the GH ranking field, because in fact there may be other factors that come into play (like story size/cost) that affect priority. I would like, however, to *start* with that ordering, and adjust from there. I'm finding this virtually impossible; what I'd like to do is go into the Plan board and move issues up and down until it matches the Market Value priority, But I can't modify which fields show up in the Backlog, so I can't even see the Market Value field. I can't even add it to the Issue Detail view - for some reason it doesn't show up in the dropdown. The same is true for GH Classic views.
In the normal JIRA search, I can see the Market Value field and sort by it, but of course I can't re-rank things.
So my question is:
- How can I easily re-order my existing backlog so that the 'Rank' field follows the same order as a 'Calculated Number' field?