I have a project i've been working on for a few years. I was not using LFS at first in part because I did not know what the benefit was (i do now) and this has resulted in my repo becoming unnecessarily bloated. Just a few days ago I hit the 4GB size limit of the repo and was not able to push any more changes to the repo. I worked with a friend who has much more experience with git and LFS than I do to migrate the repo to LFS, and fixup the history as such, and subsequently garbage collect the repo to make it much much smaller. I am trying to push these changes to my remote but am still confronting the size limit error that prevents me from pushing
For posterity, the steps I followed were:
clone the repo
git lfs install
git lfs migrate import --fixup
add .gitattributes and update .gitignore appropriately
commit changes
git reflog expire --expire=now --all && git gc --prune=now --aggressive
and then attempted a
git push --force
And was met with the same repo size limit reached error as before
I see that someone else has had almost exactly the same issue in the past here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Not-able-to-push-even-after-reducing-the-repo-size-to-less-than/qaq-p/1865115
I am wondering if an Atlassian support member can help me in the process of pushing my updated and confirmed smaller repository to the remote depot in much the same way they did on this other community post.
Thanks for the help!