How to create an automation rule when an issue is moved from "To Do" to "In Progress" on the board, thus starting the activity, so that the start date is automatically set to count the start of the activity.
Hello @Maria Fernanda Costa de Melo
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Have you tried to construct this automation rule? Can you show us what you have so far?
The basic structure of the rule would be as follows:
TRIGGER: Issue Transitioned From Status: To Do To Status: In ProgressACTION: Edit issue Field to edit: Start date (here you would select the field you use for start date) Value: {{now.jiraDate}}
Now I get it. I've just written {{now}} and now I want to add an action in case I want to move the task back from "I'm progressing" to "To do" if I moved it wrong. This would delete the date so it doesn't count on the timeline.
Thank youu!!
Better add it in the workflow transition properties.
Sorry, what do you mean? Are you talking about the other action that I want to do? The one from "In Progress" to "to do"?
Yes, you can set the start date automatically in your workflow when an issue is moved from "To Do" to "In Progress".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.