hello
I want to sum up story points of tasks and keep story and its tasks in sync.
I tried the method below, but it didn't work.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Summing-up-story-points-from-Linked-tasks-to-story/qaq-p/2448964https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Summing-up-the-story-points-from-task-that-are-link-to-a-story/qaq-p/2448864
I have tried using the method below as shown in the image, but it does not work.Is there something wrong?
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/sum-up-story-points
Hi @坂加奈子
For a question like this, please post an image of your complete automation rule, images of any relevant actions / conditions / branches, an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution, and explain what is not working as expected. Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas. Thanks!
Until we see those...
Are you asking about linked issues (as in those other posts), or a Story with Subtasks, or something else?
Kind regards,Bill
@Bill Sheboy Thank you for your reply.
Story has several Tasks.
I want to sum story points of Tasks and set story points of Story.
please see further information below.
1. When: value changes for
What you describe is not default behavior; please clarify how you are using Jira issue types.
This may be a case where you are using terminology which does not match Jira. The default issue hierarchy for Jira Cloud is:
And so an Epic can optionally have child issues of Story, Task, or Bug. And those can in turn have Subtasks.
You are describing a Task being the same as an Epic, and Stories having Tasks as children. Neither of those is accurate.
Please review this information, and then we can try to help once you describe the problem you are trying to solve: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-are-issue-types/
Story create linked issues. its issue type is Task.
Tasks are tied to Story.
I want to automate the process of summing up story points of Tasks and setting them to story points of Story.
please advise me this solution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.