We are NOT migrating - we want to use both systems side-by-side, with FootPrints (11.6) concentrating on time tracking. All of the related questions are 3+ years old, so is there any current information on linking the two together?
Not even a response from Atlassian?
This is a user-run community forum. Very few Atlassian's come here to help users perform research.
I know this is an old post, but there are practically NO topics in this forum which cover this. I am engaged in a project which seeks to do this very thing. As we get on with things, I will share what I learn for others who may need to do this very same thing. I will likely start a NEW post and post a link to it here and on the one other post I found.
What exact functionality are you expecting?
We expect to create issues in JIRA from tickets in BMC Footprints which meet a specific criteria (and vice versa).
We expect that when specific fields in JIRA are updated in these linked issues that these specific field updates will update the linked BMC ticket (and vice versa).
We expect that when these linked tickets are closed in one system it will trigger a closure in the other.
I too would love to see this feature
Here at Exalate - synchronization between diverse issue trackers is our daily food.
The engine we are building allows for a flexible and autonomous synchronization in a reliable manner.
We do have a program in place for organisations who would like to start synchronizing between diverse systems.
Send us a mail (sales at exalate dot com) and we'll take it from there
Br,
Francis
Finally had a chance to circle back and respond to this. I've been to your website, and I'm truly not seeing anything that indicates you support integration with Footprints and JIRA. Am I missing something??
HI Michael,
I stumbled upon your question while looking for answers to the same question and wondered if you ever got this working for yourself?
Thanks
Anupam
Please contact me at daniel@systempioneers.com.au
We are a BMC partner, we have years of experience with BMC FP v11 and now v12
We have a integration partner with an very reliable way to integrate Jira and FootPrints.
This uses a Service Broker as middleware and saves time when integrating and upgrading as well as it provides error control that your API development most likely wont have.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards
Daniel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.