What I did:
1. Changed my SSO password per prompting from my organization. We are required to change passwords quarterly, I am guessing like many orgs.
2. Tried to do a Fetch in Sourcetree
What Happened:
Fatal error authentication failed invalid user and so on.
3. uninstall and reinstall Sourcetree, with the hope that it would prompt me to log in and I could update the credentials from there.
3a. That didn't work, Sourcetree is still trying to use old pass and getting auth failure
4. Log in to Atlassian site to try and find answer to my problem
5. Noticed that my current login on Sourcetree is different from the login on this account
6. Attempted to switch account on Atlassian community site. Error message ensued:
It looks like your account has been deactivated. We've sent you an email with details of who to contact to get more information about this.
7. Wait for email to show up
NO EMAIL SHOWS UP, and yes I checked all the folders including Junk.
Background = the latter email address (v-ashearer@<redacted>.com) is aliased in Exchange/Outlook/MS365 to my regular email, ashearer@<redacted>.com
The v-<name> email address was when I was a contractor, but later I was hired full time and my email address switched to just <name>, i.e., the same email minus the "v-" prefix. So while there are two accounts, they are in fact for one person, namely me.