I am new to Jira, although I have used other Atlassian tools before. I work at a small nonprofit org (~50 staff) and am working toward implementing Confluence as an intranet tool for us. However, it's terrible at task management, so I would love to also use Jira for this, but it has way more fields and functions than my non-technical colleagues need.
I have been trying to hide or disable unneeded fields and it doesn't seem to be working. I would love to hear people's suggestions for how to streamline Jira in general, and/or specifically how to:
- Standardize the workflow and statuses across all organization-managed projects.
- Hide all fields related to Development, Releases, Features, Components, and Time tracking. I made a new field schema but it didn't seem to make any difference. Maybe I need to make a screen schema as well?
- When I applied my new field schema to existing projects, Kanban boards stopped displaying any issues, even though the statuses are still aligned with the columns. Any guesses as to what happened and how to fix?
Alternately, I may just point them to Trello instead or Jira! Any pros or cons of doing that?