Hello,
short question on how to compare target end dates to sprint timing.
Context: I'm working for a programme where we have multiple objective issues, which i assigned to (monhtly) sprints, according to our original/fixed schedule. The assignees for each objective are free to change the target end dates as they see fit, to better reflect the realistic scheduling (=typically later than originally scheduled).
Challenge: I would like to be able to create a JQL query to search for all issues, which have a target end date which is later than the end date of the sprint, to which the issues are assigned. I would need this functionality to make some dashboard reports and to effectively manage the programme.
So for example: "Issue X" is assigned to a "october 23" sprint ending on October 31st, 2023. Now the target end date is not within the sprint, but on November 30th. I would like to get help on the syntax to find this issue, and all similar issues, where the target end > "[end of their sprint]". The challenges seems to be, that there is no readily available field for this [end of sprint] -type information.
I discussed this with some of our most senior Jira experts in-house and consulted Atlassian advanced syntax help plus turned to Bing with chatGPT, and it felt like using this needs some Custom Fields (which i cannot seem to find) or some SprintEnd() type field, which apparently is not available in my product.
So, any tips or ideas how to resolve/circumvent this would be highly appreciated! BR from Helsinki, Finland / Ville