Example:
Username: XB281932
Full Name: Smith, John
During issue creation, typing "Full Name" in Assign field (or Reporter field, or any field really) comes back with "no matches". I can assign with Username, but I get no match until I type the full username, and the above example is not the standard format, it can be a mix-match of alphanumeric characters, e.g. A27B481.
Additionally, simply doing a "quick search" for a Full Name also finds nothing, even though the Full Name would be in plain text on the various issues pages, yet "quick search" will find searched text if it's in comments or other areas. I find this bizarre.
I would like to be able to search, in all fields applicable, by "Full Name" as opposed to Username. I am not the admin, but they have put me to task to resolve this. What can I tell them to make this happen.
Thanks for any response.