Hi,
I have an issue ticket in project A(Customer Project) on Jira cloud. However, this issue ticket is blocked by an existing issue ticket from Project B(company Project). I want to run a rule to automate picking up the timestamp of when the ticket from project B( linked issue) is linked to the ticket from project A.
I have created a custom field, "Escalation Link Timestamp" and linked it to Project A's screens.
Then, I defined the automation rule as below:
- Navigate to
Project A. - Go to
Project settings > Automation. - Click on
Create rule. - For the trigger, choose
Issue linked.( link type : is blocked by) - Add a condition to check if the linked issue is from
Project B (issue field condition>Projects and condition is: equals Project
. - Now, for the action, choose
Edit issue. - In the fields to set, choose the custom field you just created ("Escalation Link Timestamp").
- For the value, use a smart value:
{{now.jiraDateTime}}.
then, on the issue screen, I linked an issue from Project B and then ran the filter to import the CSV document. When I checked the CSV, the custom field was empty, with no date.
Could you please help me if I am doing something wrong?
Thanks and Regards