Hi,
I would like to ask a question on the affectedVersion field usage in the JQL search. Are these JQL searches are based on the created date of the Release Version in the Release section or is it based on the internal release ID?
For example,
I have "Release A" "Release B" "Release Aa" "Release C" versions created in the Release section in the order mentioned before. The "Release Aa" is a dependent or we can call it as a maintenance release of "Release A". And my JQL is trying to fetch the Issues <= "Release B". Which mean that the issues with affectedVersions having values "Release A" "Release B" "Release Aa" should be listed. At this point for me, the issues having affectedVersion "Release Aa" are not listed.
JQL: affectedVersion <= "Release B"
Hence the question here is, are the search results are based on the release Created date in Jira or the internal ID associated with the Version?
Please let me know if I have to provide any other details. Looking forward for a quick response from the Atlassian or Community experts.
Thanks in advance!!