Hi there,
This is a strange case but our customer has decided to convert 12 JSM projects to JSW to avoid paying for the agent licenses when they migrate to Cloud.
I am assuming it will be best to change the projects from JSM to JSW in situ on Server and then migrate to Cloud so I was intending to build new JSW projects with shared config and then move the issues into them. Anyone had any experience with this? Any recommendations? Is this the right approach or would there be any benefit to a different approach?
I understand I will lose, Request Types, SLA's, Organisations, Queues... but is there anything else I need to worry about losing? Some of the projects are linked to a slack channel.
I am guessing I can replace most queue queries with boards. The projects I am switching are not customer facing at the moment anyway and the companies internal users basically just need to be trained on new ways of use.
Some projects have 10's of thousands of issues, how can the move best be managed when there are say 50k issues? This won't be able to be done through Bulk Move so would I need to do an Export/Import? Are there any risks using that method?
Appreciate any shared experiences of this.
Thanks,
Danielle