Hi all
There are some things I'd like to do as part of my JIRA flow but I can't figure out how to accomplish this (I am a Business Analyst and only a JIRA project admin so can't play with the settings myself). My admin has put it in the too hard basket so I'm trying to, with your help, put together concise instructions to find a solution.
Firstly, I have created a document approval workflow which looks like this:
- Documents requiring edit are placed into individual tickets in 'To Do' status
- A person edits a document and transitions to 'Ready for Test'. Automation makes this person the 'Editor' which is a custom person field.
- A person then tests, it can be rejected and automatically assigned back to the Editor (via automation) but if approved, it's marked as Done and this person is set as the 'Tester' which again is a custom person field.
This is a small team so anybody can edit and anybody can test, but a person cannot do both. How can I build a conditional workflow so that if Current User = Developer then they cannot mark as Done, please?
Looking through the JIRA options I see a 'Value Field' condition but this is not constant so unsure if my use case can be dealt with?
I also see there is a 'Separation of Duties condition' however given the flow can go back and forth, would this rule work?
I'm open to any ideas please, perhaps look at approvers rather than such a custom setup?
Secondly, although document edits follow the above process, there is a shorter and more simple process for document archiving. This is what I imagine it would look like to a user.
- Documents requiring archival are placed into individual tickets in 'To Do' status (same as above) with component 'archive' added
- The only transition option visible should be 'Pending Archive' rather than 'Ready for Test'. On the flip side, with the normal process above where the component 'archive' does not exist then the only visible transition should be 'Ready for Test'
- Once confirmation of archive is received, this would then transition to 'Done'
I am unsure of the best method to have a conditional workflow off to the side of my current flow.
Thanks in advance for reading my problem and extra thanks if you can attempt to help me.
Have a great day, Brendan