Just want to make sure I'm not violating any licensing rules or potentially running into any service issues.
Here is my scenario:
- Installed JIRA and PostgreSQL on Server #1 and obtained an evaluation license. This is to be the eventual "production" box.
- Installed JIRA and PostgreSQL (using same downloaded server software) on Server # 2 and obtained a separate evaluation license. This is to be a "development" box.
- Took a JIRA xml backup / export of Server #1 and restored / imported it on Server # 2.
- Now I've obtained our actual production license that my company purchased. But oddly enough when I look at the Server ID on Server #1 and Server #2 they are identical. Is this because I imported the backup from Server #1 onto Server #2? Does this cause any problems with licensing or any problems with applications referencing the correct server??
- I found the documentation for changing the Server ID in the JIRA Knowledge Base. I guess my basic question is "How did both Servers wind up with the same Server ID and does it cause any potential problems?"
Any thoughts, advice, suggestions you may have for a "newbie" JIRA Admin is MUCH appreciated!!
Thanks!
David L. Ledford, Jr.