I need to know if this is technically possible and the right words to use when speaking to my Jira Align administrators. I'm open to any and all suggestions about the best way to accomplish what we need.
When a new feature is created, I need the creator to indicate if the work is architecturally-significant. I've been told that a required field can be added to the feature for this purpose. (Though the team is a bit hesitant as they say this would use up their last custom field???) I would prefer that the creator be forced to answer 10 simple yes/no questions and that answering yes to any of them would result in architecturally-significant = yes, but we can attempt to handle that via education if necessary.
The next step is the one that I do not know how to accomplish... If architecturally-significant = yes, I need the appropriate architect to be notified so they can make sure a peer review occurs at the appropriate time. Each Jira project has an associated architect, but I maintain this list in a spreadsheet because I don't know how to do it in JA.
In a perfect world, a Jira story would be automatically created and assigned to the appropriate architect so they can track the status of the peer review.
In an even more perfect world, the feature would not be allowed to move to an Accepted status until the peer review is complete.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you would tackle this requirement.