Hi all,
I'm new to this so I apologise if this seems really obvious, but I haven't found a solution so far. We are using Bitbucket along with Mercuriel and have a contractor working on a software project. He has been sending me updated revisions of the project and I have been committing them to a locally held repository and pushing them to Bitbucket. I made a mistake where I committed (and pushed) a version of the project I should not have. He made a temporary fix in this particular version which is not in subsequent versions. Now when I try to push his latest version of the project to Bitbucket I get an error saying the push would create a new head. It then suggests I pull and merge, which I don't want to do as the resultant version would contain this temporary fix. He is not available to help as his contract has ended.
Is it possible to create a branch from the version previous to the temporary fix? Or is there a better solution I'm unaware of?
Many thanks for help!