Is it possible to create an issue using ScriptRunner's Jobs that sets a specific set of text as the summary along with the current month that the script runs?
Example:
"Set Release for ((September))"
Hi @Kristin Lyons
For your requirement, I suggest using the Escalation Service.
Below is a sample working code for your reference:-
import java.time.LocalDatedef currentdate = LocalDate.now()def currentMonth = currentdate.monthdef existingSummary = issue.summaryissue.update { setSummary("${existingSummary} ${currentMonth.toString()}")}
Please note that the sample working code above is not 100% exact to your environment. Hence, you will need to make the required modifications.
If you observe in the example code above, I have used a simplified approach via ScriptRunner's HAPI to update the issue instead of using the Issue Manager.
Below is a screenshot of the Escalated Service configuration:-
I am also including a couple of test screenshots to display the Issue's summary before and after the Escalation Service has been triggered:-
1. Before the Escalation Service is triggered
2. After the Escalation Service has triggered
I hope this helps to solve your question. :-)Thank you and Kind regards,
Ram
Yes, to get the current month you can use something like
import java.time.LocalDateTimedef now = LocalDateTime.now()def month = now.getMonth().toString()
Has your question been answered?
If yes, kindly accept this answer.
Thank you and Kind regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.