Hello,
I'm a web content strategist at a university, currently working without any web developer (he left to take another job). Right now I'm the only person providing support for hundreds of CMS users on campus We use Jira to operate a service desk where users submit tickets to request help. We use Confluence to house a CMS Knowledge Base where we've created articles and documentation on how to use our CMS.
Here is my question - is there an automated way to give CMS users access to the Knowledge Base? Or do I have to send individual email invitations?
It turns out that, apparently, many people cannot access it. From what I can determine from the list of users in Atlassian, they are all employees whose CMS user accounts were created AFTER we launched our Service Desk in Jira and our Knowledge Base in Confluence, in August 2019. They don't appear in our Atlassian user list - almost everyone was added on the same day, Aug. 4, 2019.
Our web developer would know how users were originally added, but he's gone and I can't ask him. I checked with our IT department, and they have no dealings with Jira or Confluence.
I've included a screenshot of the error message one of my coworkers received, and a screenshot of the Space Permissions. I think we have the correct setting turned on, where "any active user can view pages in this space."
Please let me know if there's a way to add users in some sort of batch, or if I need to invited them individually.
Again, I would ask a developer take care of this if we had one.
I appreciate any help you can give me.
Kristin Durkin
Web Content Strategist
University of Scranton

