Hello!
I'm trying to create an automation that will set the value of a custom field to the same value as their parent Epic.
So far I was able to make it work only for already existing items within Epic, but cannot make it work to set the value for newly added child items or items added outside of the current Epic.
Please see 2 screenshots with the automations I tried.
I believe the problem is that when I create a task even using "Add a child issue" for the specific Epic, it doesn't relate to any parent/Epic yet so it cannot understand where to take the value from. This is how I understand the error message shown in audit log (see attached).
And only after I perform some changes on child item it gets the value from the parent Epic.
Please let me know how should I improve these automations to make them work correctly. I believe this should be a common use case but unfortunately I wasn't able to find some similar solutions.


