I created a custom field called Severity
I then went to do some reporting - wanted to show all defects and group by severity
The custom field - "Severity" isn't even available in the Statistic Type drop down for me to select
Seriously?
What type of field is it, and does it have a searcher?
Select List (single choice) Custom Field
What is a searcher?
I simply tried to perform a simple filter on this new custom field of severity within my Project....whats crazy is that I see Severity as a column
A searcher is a block of code that tells JIRA how to index and search for data in the field.
A single-select will default to having a select-list searcher, and it is very unusual for an admin to ever remove a searcher, but you should check. Go to admin -> custom fields -> your field -> edit - the searcher selected should appear under the name of the field.
If there is no searcher, this behaviour would make sense - it can't report on fields there is no reporting data for. But if there is a searher, it becomes a bit more complex.
Hello Nic,
I have similar case, one of our custom field has searcher template : Free Text Searcher and it doesn't not appear in drop down list Statistics Type. We have JIRA tickets that have custom field populated and JIRA had been re-index. Is there any suggestion, what to do?
Thank you.
Regards,
Milan
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.