Hi everyone,
For one of my teams that receives very dynamic requests with a short time of completion, I have a setup where I have a general task for that type of requests, with no estimated time. All the work done on that type of requests is logged on it with time spent accompanied by a comment in the form of "Worked on [QA-2029] bla bla bla"
I want to extract the time spent on a specific request from that task based on the work log comment, especially the number of the request.
For that, I'm using:
- Team Reports > Timesheet
- with a date range
- for additional fields, I'm adding "Work Description" so I can make sure I'm seeing the correct comments
- for JQL Issue FIlter I'm using worklogComment ~ "QA-2029"
Sadly, the results do not contain only work log comments that contain the text QA-2029, it kind of shows me everything that was logged in the data range.
I've also tried using the worklogComment ~ "\"QA-2029\"" JQL to force the exact wording and I got the same results.
I've tried using just "2029" and I get no results. Adding the hyphen or minus sign starts again to show a lot of results including the ones that I need.
I've tried other syntaxes, or searching for the feature name that is usually also included, but still mixed results, not the exact work log comments that I needed.
Is this something that can be done, or I'm losing my time? If it's possible, what am I not using right?