I really wonder why Atlassian doesn't provide documentation for WHAT IF for all possible scenarios when
- suspending
- deactivating
- deleting
- removing
users, either for managed accounts via Access or also without Access for non-managed accounts via user directory.
Possible effects
- shared filters are gone
- assignees remain vs. assigne is displayed as user ID vs. ??
- at-mentions list user name vs. ID vs. displaying a tag "deactivated" etc.
- all the things I'm currently not thinking of
Atlassian spreads relevant info all over, so we never know what we don't know. Example: This page https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/deactivate-a-managed-account/ explains:
Account appearance after deactivation
When the account is deactivated, anyone with access to your organization’s content will still see the user’s name in product (e.g., next to the user’s avatar) along with a Deactivated lozenge.
I'd be super happy to have 1 source of truth I can also forward to clients.
BR
Martin