Problem:
My team is looking to group ideas by 'Project Start Date' which uses the 'date' field format in our 'list' view.
I want to end up with a backlog with swimlanes for each quarter:
- FY23 Q4, FY24 Q1
- Oct-Dec, Jan-March, April-June
This will help me visualise what's in progress currently, as well as what's prioritised for the next quarter.
What do we do now:
- Everyone in the org uses 'Project Start Date' which uses the 'date' field to define the start date for their specfic 'list' view
- We also use the out of the box JPD 'Roadmap' field with Now, Next, Later, when communicating out to the wider org.

Questions:
- How do I group by 'date' fields?
- If I can't, will grouping by 'date' fields be added to the roadmap?
- Do you have any alternative suggestions in the meantime.
- Are there any drawbacks from a reporting pov to using a 'Select Field' option to just manually create FY23 Q4 FY24 Q1 etc.