Hi everybody,
i've setup a bitbucket runner that runs as job (that is not optimal, because a deployment is way better for this purpose, but the doc suggest this way and I have follow it).
We have dynamic secret inside Hashicorp Vault, so we need to authenticate against Vault using kubernetes auth that is already configured.
To achieve that, the very simple thing to do is to mount the service account token from the runner into the spawned container executed by the pipelines.
Here has started the nightmare: absolutely no way to do this.
I've tried literally everything without any result.
I've tried to copy it with an initContainer into the /tmp folder that is the WORKING_DIR, totally useless, i see a totally different content in the spawned container compared with the content of the /tmp from the runner container. It seems a sandbox that has literally nothing shared with the gitlab-runner container and this is very bad because there is zero chance of customization.
So, that said, is there any way to achieve this super easy task? Do I need to pass any extra environment variables?
Looking forward for a feedback,
Regards,
Luca