Hello,
I work in a big company and don't have admin rights to our whole Jira settings (e.g. I cannot make changes to the workflow steps), but I do have admin rights to the project I am part of.
The workflow of our company's issues is that they always need to be estimated before moving to "in progress". In our project, however, it's not really necessary to estimate the issue (just log how long it took us to complete the task). The problem is that in our kanban board, we cannot simply move the issue from "open" to "in progress", because it has to be manually estimated beforehand.
I would like to create an automation that would automatically transition an issue to "estimated" once it's created.
I tried a rule that didn't work:
When: issue created
If: our project's name
Then: Transition the issue to
Original Estimate (System) = 1d
(the value doesn't really matter, it can be any number/time)
Does anyone have a better idea? Thanks!