Trying to add a comment and get message:
Communications Breakdown
The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down.
This seems to happen only to me, others can add a comment without issue
On the backend I see in the logs :
Error closing Connection java.sql.SQLException: Already closed.
Jira is jira server (not cloud) v 7.0.4
I've gone through all the suggestions found here : Surviving connection closures | Administering Jira applications Data Center and Server 7.3 | Atlassian Documentation but this did not help (even setting test-on-borrow to true).
I am suspecting that there is something with my session or account as others are not having issues. I tried logging out, rebooting, clearing browser cache but all to no avail. I have restarted mysql and jira as well as the server and this issue is still there.
I have tried adding comments to multiple issues which all fail. I created a new ticket but i could not comment on it afterwards either.