Dears,
an issue is deleted How can I know how who deleted it I try to check audit log in system and in this project but I Couldn't find any thing !!! is this normal ? if now
How can I get this information ?
Hi @Mohamed Saad Taha , thanks for your question.
As you will see in the related content, it is unfortunately not easily possible to recover deleted issues.
Solved: Recover deleted issues (atlassian.com)
The audit log is to track changes at the system level, so the creation / deletion of projects, more than at the individual issue level.
Like others, I would suggest that if you foresee that this will be a wider problem, to modify the permission scheme so that fewer people or maybe even only project administrators have the delete permission.
Hi @Mohamed Saad Taha
You could use a global (or project-specific) automation rule for your use case.
Something like this:
This rule sends an email every time an issue gets deleted. But you could also create a new issue in a "hidden admin project" where you track and keep the information from deleted issues. And you can just pull in all the information from the deleted issue that you want. Lots of possibilities.
Best,Dancatworkx
Hi @Valerie Knapp ,
Thanks a lot for your answer I don't need to recover an issue. I just need to know about deleted issue not deleted project
Is this possible ?
Hi @Mohamed Saad Taha , thanks for your comment. It is not possible to know who deleted an issue because once it's gone, it's gone, with all of the history.
@Valerie Knapp thanks a lot for your replies
By default, Jira does not track deleted issues and deleted issues are lost forever. To prevent it happening again, you can try Restore Deleted Issues app developed by our team. In order for this app to work, the app must have been installed before the issue is deleted.
After you install this app,
Below you can find an article about tracking and restoring deleted issues in Jira.
How to Track and Restore Your Deleted Issues in Jira
Hope it helps.
it is only for cloud verison I am running datacenter version
Unfortunately once an issue is deleted in Jira:
Options you have:
1. Tighten up your permissions - But this is not foolproof mechanism, as an example your admin's account gets taken over then permissions won't work
2. Take regular backups & of course test various restore scenarios - single issue restore, multiple issues, configuration etc...
You have two options here on how you can do your backup:
A. Do it yourself
B. Use an Add-on / app from the Atlassian Marketplace
I am part of Revyz with our - Revyz Data Manager available in the marketplace you can recover your data including attachments at any time, ofcourse you can not only recover back your project, but you can recover back attachments, issues, screens, workflows, etc.. the Revyz Data Manager for Jira addresses multiple use cases besides Backup & Restore:
Thanks
Vish
@Daniel Fietta appreciated very good Idea, out of the box solution thanks a lot
@Daniel Fietta Many thanks. Automation also has the capability to create audit logs, so your suggestion has been very helpful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.