My git bash client has slowly degraded since the security key issue your company had about 3+ months ago. Everything worked fine for more than two years prior to this situation. Doing a simple git push nowadays, I consistently receive things like this (see the last three lines):
Enumerating objects: 47, done.
Counting objects: 100% (47/47), done.
Delta compression using up to 16 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (35/35), done.
Writing objects: 100% (35/35), 7.61 KiB | 2.54 MiB/s, done.
Total 35 (delta 30), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
client_loop: send disconnect: Connection reset by peer
send-pack: unexpected disconnect while reading sideband packet
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
I just now had to do the push six or seven times before it decided to work.
Furthermore, the website rarely wants to work right. I generally just get the spinning icon with sometimes the header partially loaded, thus not working, and the sidebar sometimes loaded and "working." Looking in the browser tools nework tab, I see random files (as in not the same files each time) with (pending) that never load. I have tried the most recent versions of Firefox, Brave, and Chrome. Firefox literally cannot do anything ever.
In Brave, I deleted my cache and all BitBucket's 18 cookies. Somehow when I tried to log in again, it knows me still and I don't have to log in. It takes me to my repositories in the URL, but rarely displays the main content.
I tried Brave on my cellphone, and the site does indeed work with and without my wi-fi hotspot on.
The only thing I can think of, which still makes no sense, is that I created an encryption key using a different protocol than my original one based upon instructions on your site at the time.
Any advice will be appreciated.
---
Edit: I just received this error message, if it helps:
Something went wrong
Wait a few moments, then try again. If this keeps happening, check the current operational status of Bitbucket Cloud at bitbucket.status.atlassian.com
a504045f8efd4b2ea1777760c7902bbd
If the problem persists, contact Support and include the code displayed above, if one is provided.
---
Edit2: In Brave, I assigned a specific DNS server instead of the default and *lowered* my Ethernet MTU packet size to 1400 (other sites said to raise it, but that did not appear to work). Bitbucket is still sluggish, but at least it is usable.
If you have any other advice, I would still like to hear it.