I'd like an automation between Service Desk and Jira Software. We link service desk tickets to jira software tickets. when the status of the software ticket changes we'd like to update the status of the service ticket. Suggestions?
@Kelly Lillis
You can do this using Global Automation.
First of all you need to link your issues between a type of link issues. You can start with this.
In your Service Project create a rule that create a new issue in your software project. It's important here set a linke issue to grantt a relationship between your issues across the projects.
Now create a global rule and limit your project scopes for only these projects.
You can see an example to copy comments between different issues here:
Copy status updates across Linked Issues
You just need to adjust for your case use, but the logic is the same for the others cases.
As this is a global automation, be careful with the global automation limits if the site is Free or Standard.
Check the limits here
Hope this helps you.
thank you!!! I will check this out. The limits might be an issue but I will investigate. Appreciate your quick help.
While it would be more work to implement and maintain you could create this rule in the service project and each project which might have linked issues in that service project. That way the rules are per-project instead of global and as such can have unlimited executions.
I think that's what I'll end up doing unfortunately.
I am trying to simplify so that
A comment
is addressed to the reporter
of the jira software ticket
when it moves to done
only when the ticket is linked to a Jira Service Desk issue
this is where i struggle a little - how do i get it to know that the linked ticket is from a service desk project?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.