I am trying to create a sub-task in a Feature when a story in that Feature moves to "Done". The Feature and story are in different projects and I do not have global admin rights, nor will any global admin set this up or change any of our policies, so I have to work around the constraints.
I have tried branching with the "Epic (parent)" branch in the project that contains the story, so when the status changes, it would look into that branch (the Feature) and make the changes, but I assume that is not working since they are in separate projects.
So the other way I have tried is to just create the link (rather than just containing the Feature link in the story), and use the "Link issues" action in the story project, and I link to the Feature. Then in the Feature automation rules, I am using the "Issue linked" trigger and allowing the rule to allow other rules to trigger. When I mark the story done, the link is created between the two, so it is added to the Feature, but I can't figure out why the rule is not being triggered.
Any idea why the trigger would not be tripped, or possibly another way to accomplish what I am trying to do, given my constraints?
Thank you!