I am trying to copy a field between 2 projects. Here is my scenario.
Project A contain the field I want to write to (Field Location).
Project B is a list of assets, based on a serial number (which also contains the field location)
I started with a branch based on JCL to find my asset, and that works fine. Since I branch, I realize I am in Project B now. For the match (and there is only 1) I want to take the Field Location from Project B, and move it back to Project A.
I have also tried For Linked issues.
Everything I do tries to update Project B, and not go back to A. In the edit field, there is no way to use the custom field for project A. Since Project A is calling the automation, I cannot flip the 2.
I have written a number of scripts where I am updating the field in project B, but never one where I have to go back to Project A. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken