I have a JIRA installlation with internal user management.
I set up it for LDAP auth for users, however, I have a Confluence installation which uses a JIRA server.
The problem is that if I set up a JIRA behind a firewall the communication seems to be broken while I cannot find the exact cause.
The symptoms are that users cannot log into a Confluence when JIRA is set up in this way.
I've tried to set up the TCPDUMP in order to find flows between the JIRA/Confluense for user auth, it does nothing.
does anyone can help me to solve this:
- what ports are commonly used between JIRA and Confluence (with no separate CROWD) to user auth?
- if there's something else if users are LDAP'ed?
- from my perspective this situation is not occuring when I set up JIRA and Confluence with no Jira behind a firewall, while I can't really see what ports are used and if these are kinda "dynamically assigned" or just static.
- I know that CROWD uses a port but I've tested this and it seems to be not as my case.
Somebody/Someone has a similar issue?
Thank you in advance!