Hi!
I created a "PEOPLE" custom field named "TEAM" in my Tasks issues. I would like to create an automation for:
If there is a new comment added to the Issue, then send an email to all the people in the field "TEAM".
How can I do that?
Thanks!
hi @Adriana Ramirez ,
Have you attempted to configure an automation rule as yet? Here is a quick example of what might get you to your goal. note, you can change the trigger to be Issue commented of course and add any conditions to limit unwanted emails. also, my example is on a single-picker field as that is what I had on hand. with this all said my question is - why not use Watcher field?
Hi @Adriana Ramirez
I believe this is a known problem with team-managed projects and the People field-type, where the email address is not available to rules. You can vote for / watch that item here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-519
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Jack!
thank you very much for your answer.
My problem is: in "USER FIELD" the custom field named "TEAM" that I created is not there and I can not choose it.
I don't know how to use watcher. How this would be solved using Watcher field?
Thank you very much.
The watcher field is used to keep other interested parties notified of updates on issues. You can add users as watchers by clicking on the eyeball icon in the upper right or you can use Automation to add them as well when an issue is created.
watch-share-and-comment-on-an-issue
regarding the absence of your field in the user field section it may be that multi-select is excluded. I have not attempted this myself.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.