Since Bitbucket updated their RSA keys in May, I now need to reconnect to my wifi everytime I wish to push or pull on my repo.If I don't, then the push or pull just hangs.
Has anyone else experienced this. I am using Ubuntu.
I've have seen a similar issue, and if I remember correctly it had to do with ipv6 in my case. You could try push/pull from the command line using verbose SSH and might give you a better insight on what is happening.
`GIT_SSH_COMMAND="ssh -vvv" git push`
Thanks @Saxea _Flowie_ .I have done this. It appears to be a difference in the IP.The first time I try to connect, I get this message:Connecting to bitbucket.org [2406:da00:ff00::22c5:2ef4] port 22Nothing happens, the terminal just sits there and does nothing.I cancel this, and reconnect to my wifi. The next time, it does this:Connecting to bitbucket.org [104.192.141.1] port 22The second time it connects and pushes. You can see the IP is different.Would you have a solution by chance?
I think adding this to your ~/.ssh/config can help:
Host bitbucket.org HostkeyAlgorithms +ssh-rsa PubkeyAcceptedAlgorithms +ssh-rsa AddressFamily inet
The AddressFamily will make it use ipv4 only.
You will probably need the other two options, eventually when you upgrade the ssh client.
Thank you! It looks like the following might have worked:Host bitbucket.org HostkeyAlgorithms +ssh-rsa AddressFamily inet
Nice, glad to help!
You can mark it as solved to help others find the solution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.