Hi, I m Jira newbie, anyone can offer help to let me know how to add project stages in Project Plan ?
Hi @Caryn Yeoh
When you state "Project Stages", do you mean the Workflow (which might be the columns on a board, like To Do, In Progress, etc).
If yes, is this a...
You can confirm this by going to...
Ste
Hi, I m using Jira Work Management tool for customer facing project. I know there is status field for To Do, In Progress etc …. I need to have another field to organize tasks into different stages in project life cycle based on waterfall methodology eg Project Initiation Stage, Analysis & Design, Build, Deployment
Sounds like you require a custom field - how you add it to the Issue Type will depend on the Project Type!
---
Company-managed
First, you need a custom field. You'll need to be a Product Admin, and then...
You can add it to the screen at this point also (which is how the field becomes visible on your Project) - or add it to the screen separately:
Team-managed
You'll need be a Project Admin, and then...
Note: Whilst I've detailed how to create/add a custom field, you can use a "shared" custom field also. These are the same fields created using the instructions above, if you want the field to be consistent across multiple Projects.
Let us know if this works for you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.