Hello Jira Community,
I've implemented a Jira automation involving GitLab commit comments, however, I'm encountering an issue when dealing with multiple triggers from different issues.
Here's the scenario:
- Issues XXX-4 and XXX-5 are linked to issue XXX-1 which is named "Released Component ABC".
- A commit from GitLab adds a comment to issue XXX-4: "commit 12345 XXX-4 Component ABC".
The workflow I've created is as follows:
- If "Component ABC" is present in the comment added to XXX-4, loop over the issues linked to XXX-4.
- If the name of the linked issue to XXX-4 is "Released Component ABC" (XXX-1), then create a subtask XXX-6 in XXX-1, rename it "Release note Commit 12345" (value 12345 is extracted with regex and saved in a smart variable), and link it to XXX-4.
This automation works fine, but I'm facing a problem. The commit comment can refer to multiple issue IDs. For instance, if the comment is "commit 12345 XXX-4 XXX-5 Component ABC", the automation is triggered twice, creating two subtasks (XXX-6 and XXX-7), each linked to XXX-4 and XXX-5 respectively, and both named "Release note Commit 12345".
Instead, I want to create only one subtask XXX-8 named "Release note Commit 12345" and link it to both XXX-4 and XXX-5.
Can anyone provide guidance on how to modify the automation to achieve this desired outcome?
Thank you in advance for your help!
The actual workflow:
