Hello,
We currently can put a Jira ticket on “Hold” status and enter a “On Hold Until” date (see screenshots). The ticket remains on “Hold” status even after the “On Hold Until" date has expired. We would like to 'automate' for such tickets to change to “in Progress" status after the “On Hold Until" date has expired. How can I leverage 'Automation' in JIRA to satisfy this requirement?
JIRA v9.4.6 (server)
Thanks in advance
Hello @julio valdez
There are no screen images attached to your post.
Do you have the Automation for Jira Lite app installed?
If so then you could create a Scheduled rule to run every day, and include a JQL statement to search for the issues that are in the "Hold" status and for which the "On Hold Until" date is in the past (or the current date). You can then add an Action to Transition the Issue to the "In Progress" status.
You can find information about the Automation for Jira functionality here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation
Make note when you are looking at the components that each one will note if it is supported for Automation for Server Lite.
Not all Automation functionality is supported on Jira Server. Some is available only on Jira Data Center.
Hey @julio valdez
You can create a second automation rule that runs on a schedule. Set it to run on how often you want to run it but I'd recommend just doing once a day. On the schedule trigger set JQL to:
duedate (or your on hold date field) <= now()
Now you can choose to set additional conditions if you need or just use the transition action.
Sorry, I forgot to include the screenshots. I'm not sure if this is this is the "Jira Lite' app. Hopefully the screenshot gives you an idea of what 'automation' option is installed.
That does look like the Automation for Jira product.
I can't tell from the screens if it is the Lite product or not, but if you are on Jira Server and not Jira Data Center then it is the Lite product.
@Trudy P Claspill , below is the JQL I came up with. What am I missing? Thanks
project = XXXX AND status = Hold AND "On Hold Until" <= now(
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.