My organization currently has an 6.1.7 Jira On prem that is way beyond support, I was tasked with setting up another server and installing Jira 6.1.7 and connecting to the backup database that our DBA created. I have been able to successfully upgrade the environment to Jira 7.6.4 and everything works the way it should. I have also gotten the migration assistant installed but the issue that I am running into is that the base URL of the new system is pointing to the old instance which is currently up and running and being used. When it is asking for the server its looking for the base URL - and I can't proceed any further because of the issue with that being the older version. If I change the base URL on the new system to something will that allow me to continue with the migration. I currently have Jira Cloud Premium and also a sandbox environment. I have opened a support ticket with Atlassian but because the environment is no longer under support I am not expecting any help.
Thank you in advance.