Hi! I'm very new to Jira, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.
I'm trying to use Jira Work Management to collect different information I need from different team members in order to complete a task. But I'm not sure how to do it. Let me give you a little more context:
I work in a museum, managing loans of our artworks to other museums. When I get a new loan request, I need three different teams to respond before I move forward with the request: 1. Registration team - needs to give me some information about licensing, availability, and export permits; 2. Conservation team needs to tell me about the condition of the work, if it needs restoration before the loan, etc; 3. Preparation team needs to tell me if the work will need new frames or glazing.
All this information needs to revert back to me so our Board can make a decision about the loan, and I can move forward with contracts, insurance, customs, etc.
I've been doing that using e-mails over the years and it's a pain. People can't track their emails properly, they don't send me all the information I need, so there's always that eternal back-and-forth before I finally get everything I need from all three teams.
I wanted to use Jira to manage that more smoothly. I would open an issue, all teams get notified. They each fill out certain fields of a standard form. I get notified it's all ready and then move on.
Is that even possible with Jira Work Management? Should I use Jira Service Management instead?
I tried creating a custom issue type, with all the fields I need, but how do I assign specific fields to specific team members?
Thank you very much, and sorry again if that is a stupid question.