Dear community
I have a question regarding Jira Automation for Jira Data Center.
Current Situation
In order to prioritize Epics we use Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF). Until now we calculated it this way:
- We have 4 custom fields "Business Value", "Time Criticality", "Risk or Opportunity" and "Story Points".
- I added a post function to the Epic Workflow that the 5th field "WSJF" is calculated using the formula (Business Value + Time Criticality + Risk or Opportunity) / Story Points.
In this situation we always need to manually transition to a certain status in order to run the groovy script.
wsjf = (issue.get("customfield_10005") // Business Value
+ issue.get("customfield_14804") // Time Criticality
+ issue.get("customfield_14805") // Riks or Opportunity
) / issue.get("customfield_10004") // Story Points
issue.setFieldValue("customfield_14806", wsjf)
issue.setFieldValue("Resolution", null)Expectation
As this manual step is annoying and sometimes takes a lot of time I wanted to add an automation to our project so that every time one of the 4 custom fields value has been changed, the 5th field "WSJF" is automatically updated.
I tried doing it by changing the groovy script to a json object and add it to the action "Edit issue" but it does not work.
Any proposals how you would solve that?
Thanks a lot!