I've been using Confluence to write SOPs for the past 2 months. I had some ideas for improvements/Quality of life changes.
- Ability to add custom footers with certain pages in a space. Example: I had eleven child pages under a parent that needed a disclaimer added (not all pages in the space needed this). It would have been convenient to just add the disclaimer to the parent and have it apply to all children rather than individually add them.
- Ability to switch to and from live view on macros in edit mode. Example: adding a table of contents you must preview/publish to see how it looks. I'd prefer to be able to toggle back and forth to see what the ToC would look like live while still in edit.
- Colorful text boxes/formatting options in info panels. A colorful text box to stand out from the body of the text is useful at times. Info panels work in a pinch, but not all formatting options are allowed.
- Improved tables.
- More fonts/color choices.
- Better image formatting options.
These are a few of the major 'wants' that would vastly improve my experience in Confluence. The lack of customization id definitely a headache at times.