We use Jira automation to create regularly recurring tasks. There are also customized Smart Checklists for various tasks. For these Checklists Templates. I would like to use a reference to the Template to add the checklist to the issue. Is there any way to do that. Now I don't know any other way than to make a copy of the formatted text from the template and paste it into the automation rule.
@Ad Stam hello!
Olena from the Smart Checklist team's here.
Yes, your findings are correct. At the moment, you need to add the content of the checklist to the Automation rule.
We do know how much easier it is to be able to set a reference to a template, thus we are working to present such a possibility in the future.
Best,
Olena
Thank you Olena, I now know that I don't have to look further for a solution. Good to know it's being worked on!
Hi @Ad Stam
How are you?I'm here to let you know that we have released the 2.5.54 version of Smart Checklist. It includes the new Template IDs feature. Most importantly, it gives you an opportunity to choose a template when creating an Automation rule.See more details on using templates in automation:https://railsware.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHK/pages/3921543201/Use+Templates+in+AutomationsFeel free to upgrade to the latest version and share your feedback with us.Best regards,
I'm glad to be of help @Ad Stam
Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need more assistance. Simply drop a line to smartchecklist@railsware.com.
Cheers!
Hi Olena! Could you please explain me what and where should i choose to set the template description after user clicks on the "create an issue" button - when it's just opened and before it's actually created. In other words how to make the description appears after user clicks on "create an issue" button. I don't see the option "when issue opened".
Will be grateful for screenshots etc to understand you unambiguousl
hi Christina,
In my question I referred to a template for the smart checklist. That is different from a template for an issue. In Jira Automation, there is no trigger that performs actions as soon as an issue is opened. The Automation triggers therefore only work AFTER creating (or changing) an issue. As far as I know what you want (a pre-filled template for an issue) is only possible with an add-on like Easy Templates for Jira Issues
ps
If your question is not directly related to an existing thread, it is always better to ask a new question in the community instead of responding in a thread. You have a better chance of getting the correct answers.
Hi @Christina Lemieshonok
Additionally, you can check how to set Smart Checklist on Issue creation here in our documentation.
Indeed, there is no option "When Issue opened".
Great news! Our Jira environment is managed centrally, so before I can use it I have to wait a while until the new version is implemented on our environment. Good to know I'll be able to use this soon.
This is awesome! Or at least it would be if it was available for the data server version of smart checklists!!
Are you able to provide any insight on when this might be coming to the data centre / server version please?
@Phil Priston
Good news! We plan to introduce the Template IDs for the Data Centre in the next 6.8.0 release already (in about a week).
Stay tuned!
Regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.