I am trying to figure out the best way to automatically update a date field when another field is updated.
The scenario:
We have an “approved by” field that is a user picker.
When the user fills out this field I would like a date field called “date approved” update to the date that the field above was updated.
I got this answer from scriptrunner but I don't have much knowledge with writing scripts:
"I believe using Custom Script Listener would be suitable for this case. So essentially, the Listener should be using the Issue Updated event, which will trigger it any time updates are made to the Issue. The triggered script should then have some logic to check if the required field (in this case the “approved by” field) is amongst the fields that were updated in the event. Should it be, then the script will execute some actions. If not, it will exit and not do anything."