The objective is to create a filter that would narrow the results on a dashboard gadget so that only "active" Epics displayed. I can't use the Epic's status as the team leaders generally don't update it.
Default JQL cannot do a nested query like that, you would need to get an app like JQL Tricks or Enhanced search or any of the other apps in the Marketplace that extends JQL.
Hi @E. Manning ~ depends on what you're considering an active Epic. I would assume that if it had issues linked to the Epic you would consider it active if those issues were in StatusCategory of "In Progress" or "Done". If so (AND if you use ScriptRunner), you could use a JQL like this:
issueFunction in epicsOf("issuetype in (Story,Task) and statusCategory != 'To Do'")
@Laurie Sciutti Yes - I'm defining an active Epic as you put it.
I infer from your answer that the native/out-of-the-box JQL isn't capable of achieving the desired result. I've seen references to Scriptrunner extensions so I'll look into it.
Thanks, @Mikael Sandberg
Hi @E. Manning ~ you may be able to use the following (in addition to project or squad info to further narrow the search). This is OOB functionality...
"Epic Link" is not EMPTY AND statusCategory != "To Do"
@Laurie Sciutti Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't yield any result.
I'll try the ScriptRunner enhancements.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.