I need to setup a quick filter to show items that are in a certain status for > than 5 days. Cant figure it out so any help appreciated. I dont want to see anything not updated in the last 5 days it's that fact that it's been in a certain status for the last 5 days that I'm interested in.
Hi Mark,
I have an option.
status changed BEFORE -5d
It worked for me.
Vijay
Wouldn't the above filter show you everything that DID change status sometime before 5 days ago?
The filter I'm using that I believe is working for this is:
!(status changed after -5d)
"Show me everything that has not changed status after 5 days ago" i.e. status has not been changed on the issue in the past 5 days.
Perhaps there is something I''m missing though...
The problem with this formula is that if the issue has been created with this status, it has not been touched since created, and no activity for more than X days; the issue has been in this status for more than X days and the status never CHANGED ...
Has anyone found another way to check if an issue has been pending in the same status for more than X days, even if this is the very first status it was created with ?
Thanks !
Arij,
My solution is working for me, even for the initial status. Our Initial status is "Not Yet Started" and we are currently 6 days into a sprint (past the -5d in the filter). There are 2 items in the sprint that have not been touched since they were created. I did a quick test to see if they would show up:
filter = <team_board_filter_name> and sprint in openSprints() and sprint not in futureSprints() and status = "Not Yet Started" and !(status changed after -5d)
the in openSprints and not in futureSprints is the silly way in my filter I'm saying "only show me the active sprint" since there is no activeSprints() jql function.
This, as expected, showed me the 2 items my team has not started yet (on the 6th day of the sprint) as they've been in the "not yet started" status for longer than 5 days, are in an active sprint, and in my team's board (the initial filter).
Hi all - I am looking for a query where I would like to list
1) the number of P1's Fixed by a team PLUS (+) 2) the number of days took for an assignee to fix the P1.
I am actually looking for a filter query then I can use the same query in the two-dimensional gadget to get the counts?
@[deleted]I would suggest you to post a new question. Regards. David
@[deleted]you'll need to give a little more information on what fields you define P1s and how you define a team.
Hi- i have a kanban board and I want to run a dashboard or gadget that shows the amount of time a ticket is staying in each status and also what tickets have changed status from one day to the next? i am a little bit challenged with queries etc- any help would be appreciated!
Hi Margaret,
As far as I know, unfortueately, there is no easy out of the box way to have a dashboard show how long a bunch of tickets were in each status. Although you can look at each ticket, and down where the ticket usually shows comments you'll see tabs. Click the "All" tab which will show you the entire history of that ticket, at the very very bottom you'll see all the transitions of status made, and the time it was in the original status for for before each transition.
This can be horrible if you are looking to get this information across multiple tickets. Luckily if you need to investigate multiple tickets, and are looking for even more functionality for time in statuses (and have a little bit of money to spend) take a look at this fairly cheap plugin that we use called "Time in Status"
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/time-in-status?hosting=server&tab=overview
At the very basic level it allows you to see multiple tickets from a filter and customize which status you want to see the time for. You can even import this to google sheets/excel via exporting a CSV in the plugin to be able to sum status times across tickets (for instance, how much time were tickets in some sort of "waiting" status for this project or any JQL query you want).
As far as for your second question not all fields are supported with the "was in" and "changed" clause in JQL, but status is supported. Similar to the query we discuss above you are looking for the opposite; above we are looking for things that are "stuck" in a status for longer than we'd like, but you are asking for thing that changed status, let's say sometime in the past day.
For that try:
status changed after -1d
!(status changed AFTER -30d) does not make sense to me as Draft is my initial state.. If I write query like !(status changed AFTER -30d) AND status IN (Draft) it is giving me all tickets of status = Draft present in jira
Any changes required?
Hello @Pratik Rawlekar I ran a quick test in my system with the initial status we use. when I write these 2 queries:!(status changed AFTER -30d) and status = <initial_status_name>andstatus = <initial_status_name>My counts are different as i would expect, as there are issues in the second query that have not been in the initial status for more than 30 days.Can you confirm that you actually have tickets that have been sitting in the initial status (Draft) for you for more than 30 days? If there aren't any, then I would expect the counts to be the same.
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if I can extract the time in a certain status. For example, I'd like to filter the bugs that took more than 20 days to change from "In Progress" to " Resolved".
However, the current way I saw is all about filter the status that's still not changed. Like "not status changed after -20d". The problem is that I want to filter the bugs that current status is changed to "Resolved".
I don't know if I'm clear enough to make you guys understand. Is there any JQL query for this?
Thanks!
@codingouch Jira filters are not the best for asking the type of questions you are asking, but there is a great plugin for this called "time in status":https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/time-in-status?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.