Hi,
I'm new to bitbucket and completely new to git as well. So please bear with me here.
I have a branch which I've set up as release and many feature branches. One of these feature branches has only two files, where as the release branch has many more files. (I'm using Sourcetree GUI )
After merging the feature branch for the first time, when I try to merge the feature branch after an update to its files it gives me a conflict. To resolve this, according to a tutorial video, I have to pull the release branch into feature branch in local.
The problem is, when I do this, all the files in the release branch gets added to the local branch, so I delete these files from the local branch and only keep the 2 files. Then I resolve the conflict and push the changes. But, when I'm merging this to the release branch again (through a pull request) , some how in the pull request, the rest of the files (those I deleted in local) are set to be deleted with the merge. When I do merge it, it deletes those files from the release branch leaving only two files in it.
Note that the release and feature branches are set up as different clones with different folder locations in local.
So how do I resolve this? I don't want the files unrelated to the feature branch in that branch.
Thanks in advance for any help.