Jira Cloud has an automation feature for Advanced Branching that allows for iterating over results based on certain fields (like assignee). Example implementation of this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automationkb/automation-rule-to-send-single-email-for-all-issues-per-assignee-due-next-week-1130727622.html
Is there a way to achieve similar results on the Data Center version? Effectively we want to be able to run a filter of overdue items and send a single email to each assignee that includes all the tickets meeting that criteria for them.
Is this achievable?
Thanks!
@Simmo - What say ye?
Hi @Josh Collins -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I can think of a few ways to do this, and one is with
This method requires hard-coding the assignees, and is limited by the 65 component rule limit.
Lookup issues and advanced branching appear to be in-progress for for server /data center (according to the publish suggestions) and you could use those later.
Kind regards,Bill
Hey John,
Afraid I don't have anything useful here. It really needs the component like Cloud has.
I am trying to send a single email to assignees for past due work items on Jira Server.
I have been referencing the link in the first post and your steps, but I am getting stuck on step 4. Can you give me an example or point me to a thread that shows what this looks like?
Hi @bkillpack -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You note using Jira Server, and that does not have the Lookup Issues action.
Instead you would use the bulk-processing option for the branch, and reference the {{issues}} smart value. Please note that is plural as it refers to the issues as a batch. In the linked documentation below it shows an example of using that to send a single email.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/run-a-rule-against-issues-in-bulk-993924653.html
It is working. Thanks for the help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.