I am trying to do an export of some of my issues from the Issue Navigator (around 2300) and for some reason when I select the CSV (All Fields) option the file that is generated is completely empty. I need to use this option in order to export all the attachments and comments. It was working two weeks ago but for some reason it is not working any longer. I have tried clearing my browser history but nothing is working. Any ideas?
Do you happen to have "Git Integration for Jira" installed? There is a known issue with that plugin when you try to export issues via CSV: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/the-csv-export-from-the-jira-issue-search-page-generates-an-empty-file-1108688704.html
If you don't have that plugin, are you able to successfully export a smaller number of issues (less than 1000)?
Here is another article that might be helpful: https://blog.deiser.com/en/seven-ways-to-export-jira-issues
I do not have Git Integration installed but I did a different search with fewer results and was able to do an export. I guess I'll just have to find a way to export my data set in chunks. Strange because I was able to do the same full export two weeks ago with no issue.
That is really weird... and it is making me wonder if your jira-config.properties file got changed somehow. If you can, I would recommend that you check that file and see what "jira.search.views.default.max" is set to. If it is set to less than the number of issues you are trying to export, then that is probably your problem.
Digging a little further, my issue appears to be with IssueType = Bug. If I filter my search results to not include Bug IssueType then I am able to export 1700 records at a time. Is this a known issue?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.