I have a large number of repos in the same project with identical branch restrictions setup (from before the project level settings were added). I've now added the same restrictions at the project level. So at the repo level, I see both the inherited branch restrictions and the existing ones.
If I modify a project level setting for a branch type or pattern, how does this affect (or not affect) the branch permission at the repo level with the same branch type/pattern - which rule wins, or are they combined, or what?
The main case I'm interested in is temporarily removing a restriction for the project to allow a normally disallowed action (like deleting a branch). Currently both project and repo level settings do not allow deleting a branch type. If I modify the project setting to allow this, will the repo level setting override and disallow, or will the project level setting override the repo and allow it?