I have created a linkedissuetype, however, on a task, it does not display the entire name (Bug/Improvement ...). Is the reasoning because there is a character limit? Please see the screen shot below.
Hi @Jason Chayer
Interesting question. Just wondering why you named your issue link type as "Bug/Improvement". Issue link type should be named based on the relationship between issues like relates, duplicate of, blocks, etc.
Ravi
@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
The link type is not just "Bug/Improvement" there is actually more to that title. Which is one reason I am wanting it to display the entire thing. We have a project for "critical" type tasks, but create a related task in other projects to fix the "critical" task. It is solely based on how we have set up Jira.
Plus, bugs and improvements are totally different things, and should be issue types, not links.
I agree. The linked issue is just that, I have it set up to link to either a "bug" or "improvement". This is just showing the relation to the "critical" task I initially mentioned.
It is easier for us to create a JQL based on what I titled the linked issue type.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.